Thursday, September 20, 2007

Windows

Ever had something glaringly obvious hit you in the face and wonder how you ever could have missed it? I had that experience two days ago. The kids and I were sitting around the table and Jake (a.k.a Captain Obvious Life Sportscaster) said, "I can feel the wind coming through the window."

BING!

Josie and I, in unison, said "Huh. Wind! Window!"

Is the word "window" a simplified version of "wind door"?

I've been around windows my whole life. I've opened them mainly to let the wind in, but strangely I've always thought of them as light sources, and air sources, but never "wind" sources, otherwise I would have made the connection.

2 comments:

Jenna Woginrich said...

hey thanks for the link!

Michele said...

You're welcome. Your blog makes me happy.