Thursday, September 13, 2007

In 1980 I Had a Turntable.


I was going through all the vinyl in the basement closet. Hubby's Souxsie and the Banshees, Cure, Shriekback, etc...my Air Supply (or my sister's I guess), Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper etc.... I found my Chipmunk Punk! I loved this album when I was little. When I was 7, I was hearing some of these songs for the first time, like "Good Girls Don't", sung by animated chipmunks. I still hear Alvin when I hear that song and I giggle a bit.

It's not actually punk, but that rhymes with "chipmunk". Here are the tracks:

Let's Go- R. Ocasek
Good Girls Don't- D. Fieger
How Do I Make You- B. Steinberg
Refugee-T. Petty
Frustrated- that D. Feiger dude again
Call Me- D. Harry
You May Be Right- B. Joel
Crazy Little Thing Called Love- F. Mercury
My Sherona- once again, Feiger.

I'm going to go on an audio tour of the net and see if I can't dredge one of these up.

Here's a commercial for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that so well.