Thursday, September 27, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Today is a celebration of all the people whose birthdays I have forgotten or haven't properly acknowledged this September. I'm not so good at birthdays. Usually it's because I want to do something so great for you, because you're so great, and I look around for the best present for days, then I stress out because I haven't found anything. Then your birthday passes and I feel too guilty to call. Then I send you something as quick as I can. (Yes Monica, this bit is about you:)).

But I can't neglect to remember the birthday I remembered not to forget, which is the birthday of one of my most favorite-ist people in the whole world. I remembered her birthday today. And her birthday is actually tomorrow! So pat me on the back.

September is a big birthday month on my calendar.... So put a floppy red bow in your hair and twirl around in that pouffy blue sateen dress, and sing along!

(Yes, you too,Sam.)



Happy birthday
happy birthday -
Happy birthday
happy birthday -
Happy birthday
happy birthday.

Happy
happy birthday in a hot bath
To those nice
nice nights.
I remember always
always I got such a fright.
Seeing them in my dark cupboard with my great big cake.
If they were me
if they were me
And I was you and I was you -
If they were me and I was you
Would you have liked a present too.

Happy
happy birthday in a hot bath . . .

Happy birthday
happy birthday - . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THHHHAAAANNNKKKK YOOUUUU!!!!!
You are so the best! I remember dancing like that at one point in my life. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow while jumping on the trampoline wearing my Depends.
Love Ya- M