Friday, September 14, 2007

Big Numbers and A Seal.

The kids were arguing about the population of the United States, New York, Tennessee, and the world this morning, so we consulted to oracle for the numbers.

The population of New York City alone outstrips the population of all of Tennessee by approx 2.2 million people.

I said to them, "Take all of Tennessee, cram it into one city and add another 2 million people to that." Josie, in all of her linguistic glory, exclaimed "Wow! New York is so overpopulated! It's like the locusts infesting the savanna!"

I really had no idea how large New York City really was. I did have a clue that the state of Tennessee still has many wide open spaces when I flew over it last week. Which reminds me, I'm supposed to blog my Florida trip.

Here's a cute photo of a seal I got.




"Yes, I know, everybody tells me how cute I am."

(He needs a better caption if anyone has any ideas.)

No comments: