Sunday, September 23, 2007

Time



16 years ago I was 18 and I posed for a picture in my new orange dress that I just finished sewing from a vintage pattern. Due to the mirroring effect, and the fact that this post is about me me me, you don't see my boyfriend of the time in the picture. He's posing with a blue velvet jacket and a pipe. Two years after this photo was taken, I gave the dress away to that same boyfriend's new love (and his wife today). It looked stunning on her. I had no idea at the time that it looked so stunning on me. *Sigh* 16 years ago, I was 18. 16 years from now, I will be 50.

Ladies, we are younger today than we will ever be. If you haven't done so yet, find an orange dress, some red tights and a kick ass platinum blonde wig and get your picture taken. And don't waste your time in front of the mirror.

6 comments:

Sharon Cobb said...

HI there,
I was looking for an email address for you and couldn't find one.

If you are so inclined, email me:
MissSharonCobb@aol.com.

Would love to chat with you.

Anonymous said...

Or you'll never be as young as you are right now. I love the picture. Don't think I had seen this one.

Michele said...

Didn't know you had twins huh?

Wendy Weiss Southern said...

Funny how we look back at ourselves and oh the things we missed at the time!

Do you still have that pattern? Sounds like we gals need to have a party to celebrate (and send off?) our waning youth...stunning dresses, non-grey haired wigs, bottles of wine and all.

Anonymous said...

Since when did 34 get old??!! The best is yet to come.

BB

Michele said...

34's not old. Just surprised that 18 was so long ago, that's all.
Although having a few too many glasses of wine and bleaching our hair platinum blonde still sounds like a fun idea! You too Wenso! (Maybe we'd need a few more glasses of wine for you first.) And a few more bottles of bleach for BB.