Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Tears are Coming Again

Why is it that some children are born so perfect, beautiful, and happy, with good parents and a safe home, only one day for their brain to flip over on them and cause them internal misery that no one seems to understand? The tears are back. She forgot her left from her right and she cried. Breakfast wasn't what she wanted and she cried. I tried to role play how to properly apologize, and she smiled, shivered, clasped her hands together, and, with her eyes wide open, cried.

We can still talk for now. Maybe I can get her to understand what is physically going on with her body, and get her to see that she has anxiety and depression, but it's something you can work through rationally. Maybe people really don't do that so well. I've forgotten how it was before the medication. It was a lot harder on her than I remember.

2 comments:

AJC said...

:( Sadly I can relate. My son has a social anxiety disorder and it can be quite crippling for him... Big hugs from me to you~~

Michele said...

Thanks Anna. You're a dear.