Saturday, April 21, 2007

An Old Song of Mine

One of my homeschool homies wrote an eloquent post about trains, and his memory of them, which got me thinking about them too.

I recorded this song (along with four others) in 1995. Actually Glenn and Jonathan Reynolds recorded it for me with their pal Doug Wienstein. I think I still owe them a case of beer. In 2002, Glenn put it on disc for me. In all the years between, I hadn't gone looking for the recording, because I tend to cringe when I hear myself. When I actually did listen to it, I thought it sounded pretty good. It sounds pretty good to me today.

I did have a tendency to sing everything a bit to loudly with a bit too much vibrato, and I think I tried to cram in a few more words than the song needed, and I could have had someone play guitar besides myself, and.....well, you better listen now because I will probably take it down tomorrow.

Since I can't find a way to embed it, click this here purple word.

No comments: