Thursday, April 26, 2007

My New Koi Pond

I'd like to thank my husband for helping me roll out that gigantic boulder that had been sitting for two weeks at the bottom of the hole I dug. I'd also like to thank him for helping me put the liner in. He did a great job on the rocks that face the road. We wanted them to be nice and flat and stable so the kids could sit on them to watch and feed the water animals we will be enjoying.


But I am tremendously proud that I did the rest of it by myself- clearing out the red rock, digging the hole, hauling big stones from the back and side yards, and adding the soil and the plants.

Isn't it pretty?

3 comments:

samuel said...

One of my brothers recently posted pictures of his yard from which he had the koi pond removed. I'd prefer to have a pond but not till I'm rich enough to pay someone to take care of it and the rest of Japanese style garden, like Mr. Miyagi's house but bigger.

Anonymous said...

Michele, that is soooo pretty. You did a good job and it looks like it add a lot to the look of your house.
I'll have to plan a trip to come see all your new things.

AJC said...

Beautiful!!