Monday, November 26, 2007

The Hemi Sync Experience

The kids' school table sits between two speakers. Hemi sync is designed to be listened to in stereo, so the table is perfectly located. I put in the CD that is supposed to help with focus and concentration while the kids did some math and handwriting. It took them just as long to do their work as it usually does. Josie also thought the music was distracting and put on the ear protection. I left the room to check my email, and came back to find Jake looking down at his math.

"Mama? You know what's the saddest thing in the whole world? Losing those that you love." Then he started doing that thing where your chin quivers and you're trying not to cry. "I miss Max and Petey."

"Me too." I said. "I guess you're kind of having a delayed reaction, aren't you."

"Yeah. That music makes me sad."

"Well, I'll go turn it off."

When I went down to turn it off, I looked at the title of the CD. Of course I had forgotten, but it's title is Remembrance. I wonder.

No comments: