Thursday, October 04, 2007

My Fish Soup



With the kids out of town I was able to go to the grocery store and get everything I need. Usually I'm trying to get in and out as fast as I can because they distract me so badly that I get nervous that I will forget something. If I move quickly, I'm less likely to forget, right?

I also have had the opportunity to experiment with recipes this week since the picky ones are out of the picture.

Today I made some very healthy fish soup.

Here's the recipe. I don't measure. I also don't know a damn thing about fish. There's salmon, shellfish, then there's everything else. So I used tilapia, cause it was on sale.

Two filets tilapia
onion
zucchini
fennel bulb
vegetable broth (I used chicken, because that's what I had)
dry white wine (mine wasn't quite dry enough, so I drank it, then my glass was dry and I was sad. I did put some in the soup.)
garlic
thyme
tomatoes (we don't do tomatoes in my house because hubby is instituting an anti-tomato pogrom, which coincides with zombie preparedness and religion somehow, so I used prego tomato sauce which doesn't count because the tomatoes have already been brutally pulverized, and this pleases hubby greatly.)

Slice the fennel bulb lengthwise thinly. Chop the onion and zucchini. Put it in the saucepan with vegetable stock, garlic white wine. Bring to boil. Reduce to med and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add the fish and tomatoes (or sauce) and thyme. Then cook for 5 minutes.

All done.

I ate it and thought it needed a little lemon herb seasoning. Then I got really adventurous and added some Jim n' Nicks habanero sauce.

It was good. I'm sweating.

No comments: