Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Kitchen's Done!

Here's a "before" shot. It was really not such a bad kitchen, but me and white have a big problem with each other. Mainly, white likes to be clean. I also can't stand melamine because it delaminates when something steamy sits beneath it, and if water gets on the toe kicks they warp and buckle. That's what was going on here.


Another thing is that our house is loaded with pretty woods: hardwood floors and cherry window surrounds. A white kitchen like this seemed like an afterthought. So since we're going to live in this house until we die of old age, we figured we would fix it the way we like it.


Here it is!



Whew. We won't be doing that again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! The colors are soooo rich. I love it. You must be so happy to have it finished. Can't wait to come and see it. Maybe Easter.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO happy dance! Congrats, it is beautiful.

samuel said...

I might just have to take a picture of my kitchen so you can see how bad your white really wasn't. I'm only a little jealous.

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks so sleek and sophisticated while feeling really inviting and comfortable. It's not a kitchen you're just supposed to stand back and admire; it makes me want to roll up my sleeves and join in the fun of making really yummy food together.

Unlike Sam, I am more than a little jealous...and maybe reconsidering painting my ugly dark wood cabinets white. Our kitchen couldn't pull off contemporary like yours does, though.

Wendy

Anonymous said...

Hey, you still got that st joseph statue i need it for my house, we are selling. Let me know.
sparkman.gal@gmail.com
Does it work?
Beautiful kitchen by the way.

Michele said...

I don't know if Roamin' Joe and JC would be very happy to be buried upside down again. I'll have to go see if I can find you another one:)

Anonymous said...

And after reading your "Dear Husband" post, if you ever need to sell that pool table to raise a little extra scratch for polished nickel faucets....

Michele said...

Smantix,

Let me know if you're serious. It's an Olhausen. Great for folding laundry though.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm serious. Size is kind of an issue. As would be the logistics.

I'm in the process of finishing out my basement and once it's done I never plan on leaving my house again. The pool table is an integral part of that. As is the Sam Adams / Blue Moon tap and a beloved Twilight Zone pinball machine.