Saturday, March 03, 2007

All Out of Whack

This past couple of months I've been walking around confused in my house and it's really starting to get to me.

In December we decided to replace our kiitchen countertops, appliances, and cabinets. Things moved along pretty smoothly and we received our cabinets on January 12th. The first cabinet out of the box was damaged, and the installers wouldn't begin until all of the cabinets were at the site, so we would have to have cabinets sitting all around our living room for about 3 more weeks. The actual install of the cabinets happened on February 9th. Not all the cabinets though. They couldn't hang the corner wall cabinets or anything attached to them until after the countertops were installed.

The Silestone guys came to measure around the 11th of February. After the template is made, it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to get your countertops installed. About 10 days after the man came out to make the template, the store called to tell me I owed $62 and the countertops would not be made until overages were paid. Okay. So the install date on the countertops is March 15th.

In the meantime we have been going up and down the stairs to make dinner and do the dishes. Ray gave in and temporarily installed the cooktop, but we have no kitchen sink right now. We do have a tiny one in the basement, which we have been using.

All of this is very inconvenient.

I don't believe in quantum physics at the moment, but I do think there is some merit to this Feng Shui thing. My toilets aren't working right, our computer is acting up, our printer/scanner has stopped working and my camera is falling apart. There's a strange smell in my daughter's room that I can't locate to clean. Lately, my dog has been running off when we open the door to let her in. The roomba keeps shutting down at weird times. And I'm tired tired tired.

I know. Somewhere there's a baby in Darfur crying for me.

I'm moving my couch tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: