Friday, August 04, 2006

Word Searches

Our OT wants us to work on making word searches. It's a fun way to work on fine motor skills and to help them plan. I'm sure she can tell me all the other reasons why this is a helpful exercise. All I know for sure is that I have a little boy who needs a lot of help in this area.


This is Josie's word search. She made the chart herself. We're supposed to try it without charts.
But it is more complex than what I expected, and she did pretty well.


Jake's word search after I made him a chart to go by. He forgot to put the word "hole" in.


This is Jake's first attempt. Look carefully. Can you find the words "rat", "key", "car", and "hole"? Sheesh.
Now, I am a pretty good portrait artist, which I do believe takes some skills. I can also play the guitar fairly well, and my handwriting is pretty if I do say so myself. When I was 7, I totally sucked in all of these areas, and my parents can attest to all of the milk I spilled and all of the food that had to be cleaned from my shirts. So I think we can cut the boy some slack, if he wants to work on it, he will improve. No one's asking him to design a rollercoaster. thank god.

No comments: