Tuesday, June 19, 2007

These Things Happen In Threes

The other day I walked down to my basement to find the floor of the bar area covered in water, and a fast drip coming from the light fixture over the sink. I called hubby home to fix it. It wasn't a problem with the pipes. It was ADD on the part of our youngest who thought it would be okay to fill his bathtub up to the rim, sending water over that little round thing, down through the floor to the ceiling of the basement. Now there is a big new chunk of drywall to patch, sand and paint.

The next evening I was reading a book to the kids in bed when I was overcome with how hot the room was getting. The kids were glistening a bit too. So I leaned down by the register and put my face over it. No air. So I called hubby to come look at it. He went downstairs and checked. AC was broken. So we're very hot right now while we wait for the pros to come and replace the motor and the other doohicky. On the plus side, my eyeliner has been going on very smoothly for the past two days. On the minus side, I sweat it off in the first few minutes of wear. I know, I'm such a girl.

Last night our boy got locked outside. He was pushing and pushing on the front door. He called to me through his open window to let him in. I wondered who could have locked it behind him. When I opened it, I saw that the door handle had finally broken. Which is really a good thing, since it was sticking, and corroded, and I'm not too fond of brass.

So it's all over right?

( One more house problem and I'm calling Dharma to come and Feng Shui it again.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Michele,
Sounds like you had a Ruth day on comes in threes. Please remember to tell Tammy this story, because David would not be able to fix. Maybe they need to wait until they can get a new house.
Love,
Anrita

AJC said...

So was it over??? I hope so :)

Michele said...

Yes. It's all over. In a good way.