Wednesday, June 20, 2007

There's an Emu In My Car!

Today we went to Briarwood Ranch Safari Park. It was a blast, but let me say it's not for the faint of heart.


When we first drove in the deer came running up to us. We were delighted that they were so friendly. The baby deer were so cute. Then we got into the woods and more deer ran up to us. The thing is, they wouldn't get their heads out of the door, so you just had to drive until you sort of disattached.


At the next stop the emus poked their heads in, they freaked out Dharma's kids a bit. Then the buffalo came galloping, that's when the children started screaming, pushing emus, and closing doors. I wonder if the safety mechanism on my sliding side door takes into account the necks of captive emus? Good thing I didn't have to find out.

The floor of my car is covered in animal feed. I made the kids promise not to make a mess with it. Well, it really isn't their fault it's messy. If you fall on your butt in a minivan because a zebra is trying to pull a feed bucket out of your hand what can you do?

I was leaning back to take this picture.

Jake was whining after the trip that one of the zebras nipped him on the arm when it was pulling on his shirtsleeves. The man who works the ranch asked him "Do you know any other boys who can say they were nipped by a zebra?" That made my kid pretty proud.


Oh, and the three little pigs were there too. (Awww.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Michele,
I did not know this place was around. It looks really great. Tell the kids they are PC's, because I don't know any other children that get to do so many great things.
Love,
Anrita

AJC said...

This place looks brilliant! I'm going to tell Donna about it :)