Monday, October 02, 2006

Getting Off My Butt Again

Last month started out well school-wise. I had small packets of schoolwork for them to do every morning. They had to be finished with it in order to have their free time. It worked out pretty well, but still learning seemed like a boring chore. I sort of fell off around the 20th and we puttered around the rest of the month. I'll have to sit down and itemize September just like I did August. We still got things accomplished, just not as in-depth as I would have wished.

This month is going to be more fun. We'll have the regular math, reading, and writing, but I'm starting in on American history. Our history book touches on early Americans, including the really mysterious ones like the Anasazi and the Mound People (or Hopewells). I'm also going to get some Indian folktales, and movies like Brother Bear and Pocahantas, and maybe Indian in the Cupboard to read to them at bedtime. I guess I will have to divide the book into seven parts so that we will get through it in a week. I'm also going to search for some art ideas that go along with the Native American theme.

No comments: