Monday, October 09, 2006

I don't want a donut today.

So I have this doctor who's sort of a pioneer around here. The mission in her office is not just to treat illness, but to make sure her patients are as healthy as they can be. So I go into her office three weeks ago and get a blood test and some other strange tests I've never heard of, and found out that I have deficiencies and issues that I didn't suspect. To make a long story short (kind of) I've been instructed to remedy my health situation by taking about 7 different supplements, and making sure that I get my fruits and vegetables. I have also joined a gym and gotten a personal trainer. Exercise will be a new hobby for me. It's the first time I've decided to exercise because I want to be healthy, and not because I'm oozing out of my tankini. Fortunately, exercising for my health will also help me in the swimsuit department.

So it's been about a week since I've started eating really healthy and taking all of my supplements (28 pills a day!), and I feel GREAT! Seriously, I looked at my clean face in the mirror last night and I looked like I had blush on and had some pink in my lips. My eyes seemed greener. I know it sounds wierd, but I can see it. And it also helps that I feel so good about myself because I'm actually doing it right.

I especially am interested in how the Omega 3's are working on me. I got some for the kids in liquid form, but it tastes terrible, so I think I will try to find a good supplement for them in pill form and make sure they take their vitamins every day as well. I've heard that Omega 3's are very helpful for kids who are a bit attention deficit, because it works on you neurologically. Probably explains why asian kids are so focused. It's their parents and maybe all the fish.

4 comments:

my girls mom said...

I love this approach to medicine, where did you find her?
I'm very interested.

Michele said...

She delivered both of my children, and I just kept on going to her when she switched over to this new kind of practice. They really listen to you in their office and take a lot of time.

my girls mom said...

what is her name? and where is she?

Michele said...

www.myharmonyhealth.com. It's Dr. Meric and Dr. Karen Nickell. It's a good website.