Thursday, July 27, 2006

Some Learning



Josie is out of town, but Jake and I did some schoolwork. He said he wanted to do some second grade work today, so I got out the curriculum. We began our book on evolution (which I'm sure isn't part of the Konos curriculum) and wrote down some key words and definitions. Then we began to measure his body. He's estimating the size of his different parts. When we're done with that, we will see what the actual size of things are, and then compare. We will average the estimate, then average the actual, then find the difference. Hopefully Josie will enjoy doing this too.

Subjects: Math, Science, Handwriting, Reading, Spelling, Grammar. All worked on in the course of an hour and a half, and all connected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you will have fun figuring out the size of everything on your body. Let me know what you come up with at the end.

Your writing is improving alot and looks good. Keep up the good practice.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,

How close were you on your measurements? I think I would get all of mine wrong. My waist keeps getting bigger! :-)
Have fun!
Aunt Monica