Saturday, June 10, 2006

Strange Little Road Trip

We drove out to Jonesboro to listen to Billy Jonas last night. He's much more fun to listen to on the radio. If we go next year we'll bring some lawn chairs. People just sit and watch and it's very, shall we say, dull. Anyway, we decided it woudl be nice to see aunt Monica, so we drove to Elizabethton and they acted like pretty little savages that needed to go to bed. We stayed for about an hour then drove home.

BTW.....People in the Tri-Cities area drive very slowly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another dead animal. Wow, is it safe to be with your clan a whole week?

I have a suggestion for your home schooling activities. I spent Thursday and Friday evenings and again Saturday morning working on my motorcycle. While I bemoaned my obvious lack of mechanical accumen, I came to realize a couple of things.

1) There is a real art in conceiving how things go together.

2) A lot of the success you achieve constructing or repairing things is directly related to a bit of confidence and your willingness to give it a try. (It also helps to know there are people out there who will help you put it all back together - trouble is the "cha-ching" look in their eyes)

3) I was amazed to see how much quicker I could perform the mechanical task I was doing on the motorcycle when I was doing it the second and third time. (No applause please)

4) When I was discussing my trevails of motorcycle repair or asking for help in one form or another, I was suprised how very little skill/knowledge/willingness most people have to attempting things like this.

I will quit blabbing and get to the point. I think it is necessary for all children to be exposed to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, etc. much like you are doing with cooking and the like. This is not to say you are not already in tune with this, I just had it really come home to me this week.

I think it is really cool you can have the flexibility of thinking of things like this because you are home schooling. I guess I have bought in fully!!

Michele said...

Thanks Dad!