Friday, February 16, 2007

What the Heck is that Thing?

This is a nutria.


This is the thing I saw swimming around in the Fountain City Duck Pond.

I thinkthe thing in Fountain City is a muskrat, because although it is pretty icky, I didn't get that feeling looking at it that you get when you step on a camel cricket barefoot in the middle of the night.

I wanted to look up the nutria because I had never heard of one before, and I read about it on Dilbertblog. Some man thought another man was this particular water rodent and shot him in the head. He lived. I'm troubled by this story because it concerns me that these creatures may still be swimming around unshot in that area. I know. You're thinking "Michele, I've seen you kiss your rats on the lips! How can you judge what is disgusting?"

You know how you tell a nutria from a muskrat? You look the creature over, and if

IT HAS NIPPLES ON IT'S BACK

you know it's a nutria.

Josie asked me "Did God make that Mama?

I replied "Absolutely not."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll have to add that rats are cute and clean etc... That nutria does look mighty creepy :P I have to agree with you, blech!!!

Gina said...

Eeeewwwww! Michele! It gives me the willy-shivers and it is a still shot!

Can you imagine actually encountering one in Real Life?

Okay--now I am officially wigged out.

I can't stop imagining the imaginary Real Life nutria encounter.

Back to therapy...