Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Some of My Favorite Things

I thought my friends would like to these. They are old, in web years that is, but I think James Lileks is very funny. I have his book Mommy Knows Worst: Highlights from the Golden Age of Bad Parenting Advice.

Here is his Gallery of Regrettable Food.

Here is The Grooviest Motel In Wisconsin. I can smell cigarette smoke with a hint of bourbon and seven when I see these. For reasons I can't fathom, these sights and smells take me back to my early childhood. There must have been a time in my formative years when I was surrounded by a lot of partying and purple shag carpet. Do I need a hypnotist?

Here's the whole Institute of Official Cheer, just in case that beer you were trying to drink when you started perusing these sites hasn't burned out the lining of your nose.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that purple room! andandand the one with the pool table... I would go there on vacation

Anonymous said...

James Lileks is a fairly recent addition to my must read list. He is brilliant. He makes Dave Barry look like a dork. I read The Bleat every day and I check his Buzz site, even though I don't live within a thousand miles of the Twin Cities.