Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Drawings

A Memorial Portrait.
In the original photo he had a beer in his hand and his arm around his wife. She was holding a rubber chicken. He found it all terribly funny. The rest of the story isn't terribly funny, and I find myself thinking about these sad things as I draw.


This is the Mata Hari. Her story is a fascinating one. It's a bit sad too. I've drawn her in several poses. The old photos of her are splendid. If you have a chance to read a biography of her, I would highly recommend it. Then tell me the title so I can read it too.

Now I will proceed to mess with my drawing with my software. Enjoy.



This is Mata Hari in toxic chrome.


negative


sepia (my favorite)


maroon chrome


hot wax


high intensity chrome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Sepia best also. Good portraits.

Anonymous said...

Did you say hot wax?