Thursday, November 23, 2006

Statue in My Yard

Why is St. Joseph so dirty? I didn't know this because I'm a Lutheran, but apparently Jesus' earthly father was a really good realtor. If you bury a statue of him upside-down in your yard and pray really hard your house will sell. St. Joseph (here with baby Jesus) was buried head- first in my front yard, and Jake found him this evening. The Catholic people sold the house to some Evangelicals in September of 2004, in June of 2005 the Evangelicals sold it to us. So it turned around twice within a year. I sure am glad that Jake found it and dug it up because I'm not interested in moving for a very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually sitting in my friends' real estate office reading this to her about the statue!!! If you are lucky you could leave it in your front yard then someone might take him on a trip and send you the pictures of where they take him!!!!

Michele said...

He's very tiny. I don't think he would be easily seen. Maybe we'll take him with us to the shuttle launch next weekend. He deserves it after spending two years upside down in the dirt.