Monday, November 06, 2006

Back to the Lessons

Last night I bought a National Geographic Magazine. Not the one for kids. First thing this morning, Josie got up and read all about leopard seals, horseshoe crabs, debutantes in hoop skirts in Laredo, TX, and the discovery of an ancient hominid child's skeleton. She absorbed the whole thing. That covered reading, science, and social studies all in one swipe and she didn't even know it. And she didn't even hate it. I sat down and did some math with Jake, and then he read and I taught him how to write a book report. His handwriting has gotten a lot better and he's been adding swirls and curls to things just for fun. Josie also practiced her cursive by copying sentences that I wrote about what she had read in the National Geographic. Her kid's National Geographic is expiring this month, I may go ahead and get her a subscription to the regular one and I can enjoy it too.

No comments: