Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Awake

There is a reason a body is attached to my head, and I'm just beginning to figure it out.

I seem to be coming out of a long fog. For the past couple of months, I would say that I have not been "present". But the way things are going lately it seems like that I may have been cocooning. I didn't feel depressed. I felt like a thousand dreams and fantasies were floating about in my head non-stop, while I tried to engage myself in housework and homeschooling. I wanted to be somewhere else mentally. That's my default setting. I've walked into a few doors in my life. I wasn't clumsy, just looking for a higher plane and forgetting the actual one in front of me.

Now I'm singing, writing, drawing, getting to the gym and starting up a new music related blog. I've changed my reading material and can happily say I really don't know much about day to day politics, except that Mitt Romney makes me think of a character from a Hanna Barbera Cartoon. I've stopped trying to know everything, and now I'm actually doing stuff. On top of that, the housework is done, the food is ready. I went to the store at 6am this morning just to get a head start! What is very strange about this change of events is that I'm not rushing around manically to be everywhere at once and get everything done, and yet my closet is organized for the first time in years.

My dreams have been very strange lately. In one of them, I met a lady who had a set of sextuplets, and a set of octuplets. She also had many cats. She wanted me to babysit her tiniest, sickly baby. So I carried her with me through the dream, while I walked around the house I grew up in.

Last night I dreamed I was outside in a field with my kids. Again there were many cats. All running around a rabbit hutch. Inside the hutch was a rabbit giving birth. It had two babies while we watched.

My inner Joseph says this will be a productive year. I'll let you know if I dream of any starving cattle.

2 comments:

ban said...

Let's see if this comment records now.

Precept Girl said...

I think your dream about the tiny baby is symbolizing the more stable side of your psyche being more dominate now and tending to your more vulnerable weak side, holding it close by but not letting it rule. And being in your old house is a place of comfort so maybe you are in a comfortable place artistically and mentally now, to feel more "in charge" with yourself. Maybe signifying that you can now let the troubles and fears that have held a much bigger position in your life take on a much smaller role.
This is a bit rambling but it is just an observation after all....